Bedrock SM50 STIPA meter
STIPA has become the industry standard for measuring the Speech Transmission Index. The Bedrock SM50 STIPA meter is the device that many have been waiting for: finally a STIPA meter that is accurate, reliable and affordable at the same time! Designed from scratch by the very team that invented STIPA and was responsible for the development of the Speech Transmission Index for the last few decades.
The SM50, with its full-coulour touch screen, is easy to use and understand even to first-time users of to the Speech Transmission Index. The casual STI user will not have to deal with impossible key combinations, complex calibration procedures and other discomforts that people have come to expect from STI measuring tools. To the contrary: the SM50 is easy to use, intuitive and almost plug-and-play. At the same time, even seasoned STI experts will find every feature they ever wanted.
The SM50 was designed from the ground up by the inventors of STIPA, and is a fully compliant Speech Transmission Index measuring device as specified in IEC-60268-16 4th ed. (2011). It offers two STIPA measuring modes: a quick screening mode, optimized for ease of use and for quick use, and a "Pro" mode that offers the most complete and versatile functionality of any Speech Transmission Index measurement to date.
In addition, the SM50 is also a fully compliant class 2 sound level meter and real-time analyzer. All functions featured on the Bedrock SM30 instrument are also included on the Bedrock SM50, perhaps making this the only acoustic measuring instrument you'll ever need.
- STIPA measuring (quick screening mode, pro mode)
- Type 2 / class 2 Sound Level Meter (fast, slow, A/C.Z-weighting, Leq)
- Real Time Analyzer (1/3 and 1/1 octave)
- FFT analyzer (detailed frequency analysis up to 32768 lines)
- RT60 measuring (reverberation times: T20/T30/EDT).
- Calibrated audio recording
- Leq long-term logging and averaging *
- Audio oscilloscope *
- USB audio device mode - calibrated audio for your PC-based software applications *
- More functionality will be added through free future firmware upgrades
* Available starting October/November 2016 with the release of firmware version 1.8
- 20 - 20.000 Hz frequency range
- Dynamic range 30-124 dB (with included microphone)
- Full-colour resistive LCD touch screen (240x230 px)
- 4 GB of storage (of which at least 95% available for user data)
- Access to stored data and recorded audio through high-speed USB2.0 interface
- Integrated long-life batterypack, rechargeable via USB
- Complies with IEC 60268-16 rev. 4, IEC 61672 Class 2, ANSI S1.4 Type 2, IEC-62160 class 0 (RTA), ISO-3382
- All necessary accessories (such as microphone, charger, cables, windscreen and carrying case) are included in a ruggedized waterproof carrying case.
The Bedrock STIPAmeter SM50 can be bought though any of our distributors. Feel free to contact us directly if no distributor is listed for your region. The SM50 is shipped worldwide with our global 24-month pick-up and return warranty.